GTOA Awards Nominations
Each year, the GTOA is proud to accept nominations and honor worthy law enforcement officers and organizations with several prestigious awards (described below). Awards are presented at the annual Tactical Operations Conference in March.
How to submit a nomination:
Nominations must be submitted in writing or e-mail to:
Georgia Tactical Officers Association, inc. 2095 Hwy 211 Ste 2 F-134, Braselton, GA 30517
The awards are for incidents occurring between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Nominations for each award submitted to the GTOA must comply with the following criteria:
- Nominees must be active members of GTOA (with the exception of the Spirit of GTOA award)
- Nominations must include the nominee's name, organization and reasons for nomination.
- The narrative must include accurate information on jurisdiction, agencies and the dates on which the officer performed the actions making him or her deserving of the award.
Nomination Deadline: Postmarked no later than February 15, 2017. For more information, contact 706-718-9520
GTOA Award of Excellence-Member of the year
This award is presented each year to the person who contributes the most to further the goals of the tactical community. A selection committee bases its decision on an evaluation of his or her performance, dedication and leadership. The award recognizes the recipient for:
- Unselfish dedication to the enhancement of the tactical unit capabilities.
- Unstinting efforts to increase tactical officer safety through training and mutual exchange of information.
- Epitomizing the highest standards of professionalism and honor in all aspects of law enforcement.
GTOA Awards of Valor
This award is presented each year to the person or persons who distinguish themselves through valorous actions during a tactical operation. A selection committee reviews a situation in which the nominated individual clearly acted without regard for his or her own life to save a fellow officer or an innocent victim.
Spirit of GTOA Award
This award honors an individual, corporation or organization whose work epitomizes the ultimate vision of the GTOA - to save lives. Consideration is given to those who have a long-term commitment to promote officer safety, collegiality, sound tactics and professionalism.